(This is the picture that shall haunt Brian the rest of the week.)
1. Twisted Fister 3-1-0 .750 413.11 L-1
2. Monday Night Jihadis 3-1-0 .750 391.58 W-3
3. APIAS FTW 2.0 3-1-0 .750 343.89 W-2
4. Pyle of List 2-2-0 .500 412.94 W-1
5. TSW 2-2-0 .500 378.46 L-1
6. Area Man 2-2-0 .500 374.36 W-1
7. Matt Jones’ Yayo 2-2-0 .500 360.50 W-1
8. Why So Jerious? 2-2-0 .500 358.95 L-1
9. Chocolate Squirrels 1-3-0 .250 306.23 L-3
10. Kellen Me Softly 0-4-0 .000 341.86 L-4
Monday Night Jihadis 96.54, Chocolate Squirrels 72.84 – I should have lost this week. Honestly, I should have. But, such is the working of fantasy — as OMDQ was moving with a wife and kid, and just happened to gloss over not having a defense and leaving Brett Favre on the bench in favor of Carson Palmer. That’s right. Brett and his 34+ points were on his bench while Palmer didn’t play against the Browns. OW.
APIAS FTW 2.0 90.86, Twisted Fister 89.75 – RUTS would probably like to shake Dallas O-coordinator Jason Garrett by his neck for not running Marion Barber more; that’s how close the margin was. The Goldfish Cowboy lost Rashard Mendenhall early, but by that point, it was his match, knocking the last undefeated team in the league out.
Matt Jones’ Yayo 97.32, TSW 86.60 – AA won on the strength of good games from Earnest Graham and Adrian Peterson, while TSW got not much outside of Ben Roethlisberger and Terrell Owens.
Pyle of List 150.11, Why So Jerious? 92.83 – To paraphrase Mike Patrick, there’s an old-fashioned butt kicking here, and Oops Pow supplied the butt. 20+ from Greg Jennings and Steven Jackson, plus a 30+ point performance from Larry Johnson sent Jon and DLamp into the stratosphere.
Area Man 80.14, Kellen Me Softly 79.35 – The closest match of the week keeps Eric in the league basement with a winless record. Marco takes the win on the strength of QB Jason Campbell and the second half comeback of LaDainian Tomlinson against the Raiders.
This Week’s Matchups:
- Can Kellen Me Softly get its first win against Matt Jones’ Yayo?
- The Squirrels aim to stop a three-game losing streak against TSW.
- APIAS and the Jihadis knock heads for second place positioning and maybe a first place bid if the Fister falls flat against Why So Jerious?
- Two more .500 teams batrtle when Pyle of List takes on the Area Man.