Ah, the blog’s first full year. I wish you all the best in 2008, and party hard and safely. Here is some of the best, and worst, of my associated ramblings (like you’ll read them all; I certainly don’t expect you to.) Happy New Year, everyone!
- My earliest, and likely still greatest, hit — pleading for more of Erin Andrews. It all went downhill from there.
- Bill Parcells didn’t listen to my career advice, obviously.
- Minnesotans just don’t get the ire up to make “FIRE MCHALE” signs enough.
- The first, and likely most successful use of the “parody” tag — NFL baby daddy play dates. The next one will have to involve Travis Henry somehow.
- The first of many cheap A-Rod gags.
- Jason Whitlock hates America. Flip-flopper.
- Blatant thievery of a much better writer in service of Kobe Bryant.
- The beginning of our mean streak of NCAA hatred.
- Unless Clemens actually does something notable (like sign a contract), let’s not talk about it.
- In which I smack the CW regarding O.J. Mayo and Kevin Love around a bit.
- More smacking around of Whitlock’s bad writing.
- Fuckin’ Schrutebag.
- Supreme Dictator-for-Life Goodell gets his swerve on. I bitch about it.
- We were all Hokies for a day.
- Bring me the head of Hudler!
- Lord Rog, fashion policeman.
- Fort Collins, Colorado: plenty of beer, plenty of weed, fucking shit up.
- The terrorists are after us for…our cheerleaders?
- The discrepancies on Bonds.
- Mike Marshall, pitching revolutionary.
- Moving Day!
- Bizarre type of family planning — your baby or your scholarship, miss.
- An NFL show every day in the offseason? Is that really necessary?
- A-Rod and Jeter have a spat.
- Gary Sheffield in two parts.
- Turns out Rick Reilly was even more forgiving of ESPN than I thought.
- Even Shaq got in on reality TV this year.
- If the NCAA really wanted to, I bet they’d have rules in the books regarding sexual positions for elite athletes.
- Nine-game World Series? Please, no thanks.
- MLS + Beckham + press conference = amateur hour.
- Jon Gruden, quarterback collector.
- Michael Vick’s mess crosses over into my day job.
- Barry Bonds is not evil. Save that adjective for someone who really deserves it.
- The Broncos O-line omerta is no more.
- If character counts in baseball’s Hall of Fame, then why is Ty Cobb in it?
- Penning the impressions of Bonds hitting #756.
- Leaving USC one week after you’re on the cover of SI.
- Falling in love with the sound of your own cliches.
- Vick pleads guilty.
- Tom Brady gets advice while observing his newborn son.
- My team’s new RB has almost enough kids for his own football team.
- It’s all a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap in Berkeley.
- Rick Ankiel, golden boy, brought down.
- No more using the “-gate” suffix for stupid shit like the Patriots, please.
- Mike Shanahan and his last-second time out.
- Marc Ecko can go stamp his asterisk on the Hall of Fame while he’s putting one on Bonds’ ball.
- 90s-era Cowboys calling out the Tank Johnson signing for being a bad character move is funny.
- I told you so, Bears fans.
- Matt Leinart meets with his first-year coach over his playing-time split.
- Vaqueros vs. Osos on Sunday Night Football is, apparently, the end of America as we know it.
- I eagerly await this site’s terrible twos.
- New proposed flavors for Gatorade Tiger.
- Aren’t you supposed to watch some games if you opine on college football?
- Sure, we believe you, Paul Byrd.
- Rudy Giuliani, authoritarian douchebag and Red Sox bandwagoneer.
- See, there was a useful reality show on ESPN!
- Diagnosing the Broncos’ problems.
- I join an online book club.
- Bonds indicted.
- L.A. Times columnist rattles UCLA alums who want their head coach gone.
- Sean Taylor was clinging to life and the media had to talk ish about him.
- USC playing in the Rose Bowl — during the season?
- Bill Belichick: Dr. Frankenstein :: Troy Brown : the Doctor’s creation.
- ESPN runs its own fake bowls. News to me.
- “Sportsman of the Year” is all about being the best liked now.
- Pro athletes must forfeit all expectations of privacy. Right.
- Why I love bowls despite wanting a playoff.
- Tony Kornheiser doesn’t know who LaDainian Tomlinson is.
- The NFL asked for a favor, and with regard to Pats-Giants, Congress wanted payback.