USF cost me heavily in terms of drinks purchased at the bar — too many co-workers took Rutgers last Thursday. Consider me chastened yet again.
I channel Cole Porter for this week’s rankings.
I Get A Kick Out Of You:
- Ohio State – Please do me the favor of losing to Penn State so I don’t have to put you up here any more. These are guys today that women prize today, and they’re just silly gigolos.
- LSU – This verse I’ve started seems to me the Tin-Pantithesis of melody. Les Miles will spare you all the pain; he’ll skip the darn thing and sing the refrain. Last-second touchdowns: delectable, delirious, de-limit, deluxe, de-lovely!
- Boston College – Don’t you know, little fool, you never can win? Use your mentality. Wake up to the Blacksburg reality!
- Oregon – You took my heart and then you threw it away against Cal. We’re asking the Lord in Heaven above whether you still have a chance.
- Oklahoma – Re: visiting Ames — We’re sure that if we took even one sniff that would bore us terrifically too. However, that doesn’t excuse slacking against the Big 12 cellar dwellers in Iowa State.
- South Florida – Is that New Orleans I see or only Asbury Park? Close. It was Piscataway.
- Arizona State – Beating Cal? Sure. USC, Oregon, and UCLA. A fancy probably not worth thinking of.
- West Virginia – If you’d like to buy my wares, follow me and climb the stairs — an appetizing, young team for sale.
- Virginia Tech – The world has gone mad today and good’s bad today when an early loss to LSU doesn’t keep you out of the top 10 for good.
- Kansas – Jayhawks, I might add, do it — though this record shocks them, I know. Mangino just says, “Let’s do it. Let’s fall in love.”
Every Time We Say Goodbye:
- South Carolina – Flying too high with these guys in the sky is my idea of nothing to do.
- Kentucky – Here’s hoping we meet now and then. It was great fun, but it was just one of those things.
I’ve Got You Under My Skin:
- Florida – In this insane SEC East, most would sacrifice anything come what might for the sake of having Tim Tebow near.
- USC – Mr. Carroll, plutocrat, wants to give our cheek a pat, and if a Carroll pat means a BCS game hat, OK!
- Rutgers charms, and then beats West Virginia. Defense helps.
- Tennessee over South Carolina, as the OBC wonders if day’s night when both teams in Tennessee put one over on him in a college football season.
- Penn State tops OSU. It’s been that kind of a season, plus, the Nittany Lions play much, much better at home.