I’m trying to figure out how I can get this link-dumping thing to possibly go on a thrice-weekly schedule (T-Th-Sat). So, hopefully I’ll do it this week.
- A San Diego native ruminates on the blazes that have hundreds out of homes and Qualcomm being used as an evac center. [Rumors and Rants]
- Getting shot while tailgating at Chiefs-Raiders. Way to reinforce stereotypes, Oakland. [The Big Picture]
- Meet Jesse Chatman of the Miami Dolphins. Hope you can still pick him up in fantasy to replace Ronnie Brown. [First and 10 Inches]
- An interview with Bristol’s sabermetrics obsessive Rob Neyer. [Hardball Times]
- Kansas is 7-0. The other shoe has to drop sometime. [The Extrapolater]
- Know your college hoops mid-majors. [Storming The Floor]
- Are the Rockies the Blues Brothers? [Red Sox Monster]
- Stuart Scott, Stephen A., and Bill Walton. I’ll be muting ESPN’s NBA studio coverage, thank you. [Sports Media Watch]
- Jake Plummer, handballer. [Deadspin]
- Stay classy, Jacksonville. [Mr. Irrelevant]
And finally, Jonathan Papelbon, doing the jig after Sunday night’s game. I swear his jig is half-jig and half-Soulja Boy. All he needs is to Superman at the end.