And that participant could be YOU! Right, right….no one cares about your fantasy league, S2N. Still, bear with me.
The gents of the Channel 4 News Team decided to go for a fantasy football league for trash talk and bragging rights this year. I started the sucker up in Yahoo, and we decided to invite some of our favorite bloggers. Thing is, we’re one slot short of a full 12 teams at this point (some have not gotten back to us on the invites, etc.), and OMDQ had the bright idea to open this up. Here’s the deal:
- 12 teams total, six make the playoffs.
- Positions are QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, 1 W/T slot, 1 W/R slot, kicker, and defense.
- Seven bench slots.
- Draft is Sept. 2nd (Sunday), at 5 PM Eastern/2 PM Pacific.
- Ghost managers who abandon their team for several weeks will be mocked viciously in the recaps I think I’ll be writing.
These would be your formidable opponents:
- Awful Announcing
- Marco, Just Call Me Juice
- Run Up The Score
- One More Dying Quail
- The Extrapolater
- Ted, A Price Above Bip Roberts
- Zach, The Big Picture
- Larry Brown, Larry Brown Sports
- The Starter Wife, Ladies…
- The guys from Flyers Fieldhouse
- Yours truly, of course
If you’d like to throw down, send an email to email@example.com, telling us why you should join us. Note your blog in the e-mail; hell, feel free to link to something awesome you’ve written. Hilarity, sarcasm, taunting, threats of ass-kicking, etc. are encouraged. Deadline is Friday, August 24th at midnight, Pacific time.
(If said email is something along the lines of “YOU RIPPED OFF KSK’S IDEA!!!”, then save your fingers a few keystrokes, unless you happen to write for Kissing Suzy Kolber, and then I’ll acknowledge it as imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.)